Friday 18 November 2016

PART THIRTYTWO: "THE WORLD IS MY OYSTER!"

THE WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES IS AWAITING YOU

Become a Chef and you never go hungry

I still remember the conversations I had with Mum. I was about 15 +and we where talking about my future. I had to make a decision on my professional future. We spoke about the chefs trade. 

1) A Chef will always find work. People have to eat, in peace and war times. Economically speaking, been a chef is a secure trade to be in and you will never go hungry.. 

2) There has ALWAYS been a shortage of Chefs. In Switzerland and in Australia was and still is a shortage of chefs. Finding a new job as a chef is easy. Some bigger newspapers have job adverts for chefs. 

3) Been a chef, the sky is the limit and the World is your oyster. Many great opportunities can await you as a chef. 



A World of Opportunity

Ever wanted to see the World? As a Chef you can see and experience the World. You can go anywhere and find a job. Work in a exclusive Hotel somewhere in the World? Why not. I did it, it is amazing. I was never out of a job. But there is more...

You can work in a restaurant or hotel, you can work in a hospital, age care facility, work in a staff canteen of a huge factory or office building, cook in a function centre. Wait there is more...

You could work on a oil platform or gas platform out at see, you could work as a chef for international fright and people shipping liners and private luxurious ships, this way you really see the World. There is more...

You can work in a mining camp in West Australia, they need to eat. The mines sometimes look for chefs, anywhere in the World. There is even more...

Cook in the Army, for Presidents and Prime Ministers, Kings and Queens, Cook in Universities and schools, cook in exclusive clubs. You can be a chef in an International organisation, you could work in an Consulate General of any nation as a chef. You want more? Okay...

You can become a airliner chef and work at the catering department of the airport, a chef in the railways, chef in a road house,  some arts centres have restaurants looking for chefs, sports facilities, tourist attractions, resorts, or you could be a chef on an expedition, adventure tours, prospecting tours.

You can even go to the South Pole and be a chef there for the research teams. 

You can start your own small or large restaurant, take away shop or cafe shop. You could run a catering business working from home. 

You can also become a trades teacher for chefs. You could run your own cooking school. 



Why did I become a Chef?

I was interested in cooking since I have been 9 years old. I was just fascinated watching and helping that nice food mum and grand mum use to cook. Little did I know that I was going to become a chef.
I love food, full stop. I went to cooking school when I was 12 and I started to cook at home sometimes. I am always trying new foods. 
I was always dreaming to see the World. I could not sit still for long.
My sense for adventure. 
But one of my main reason was that I could put a smile on a persons face with a nice meal. It is truly a trade of love. You work big hours but at the end of the day you have the satisfaction that because of you your guests had a very nice meal. Cooking nice food is a declaration of love on a plate.

Next week I share with you how a retail price of a dish on a menu in a restaurant or hotel is created. When I was in the apprentice ship, we had to learn the money site of a dish. Over the years the system became easier and it seems to work. Have a fantastic week, love life and all what is you. Cheers 




No comments:

Post a Comment